Remove Google background image
Today I was surprised by the Google background image when I launched my browser. After I figured out that this was a permanent change, I immediately wanted to get rid of it and get to the minimalist style that I liked so much. Anyway, here are a few quick solutions to get the style back:
- Change your home page to: http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=all (if the image still apears then click in the left bottom corner on Remove Background image) or you can also try just http://www.google.com/.
- Or, change your home page to the SSL page: https://www.google.com
- Firefox users can use a Greasemonkey script that is nicely removing the background image. If you don’t heave Greasemonkey get it here.
- In last case, you can just wait a few more hours since Google announced this is only a 24-hour promotion of their wallpaper future.
- You can also block images on Google. In Firefox open the Google page: Right click on the background >> View page info >> Permissions >> Uncheck Use default and select Block. Et vóila.
- Firefox users (yes, again), can try to block the image with AdBlock Plus.
- You can also use the Google IP address: http://126.96.36.199/
- The Google background image is removed and everything is back to normal. 😀